Monday 23 September 2013

Where do I begin :) !

I have had one of those lace dresses with the shortening through hidden cut line bridal alterations.

I discovered that although in principle I had to do the same alterations as the one I mentioned and wrote about earlier in the year with the title "Not for the faint hearted" but  I had to do a few more steps to ensure that the cut and netting was not visible after the alteration was completed.

This is an alteration I have done on Tamara Bridal dress by San Patrick many times this season. I make the cutline as close as possible to the scallops near the high hip . Then take out excess lace and repatching all around.Then comes the embroidery that needs to be meticulously done again.

Unfortunately all these lace dress alterations mostly turn out to be a loss statement as the hours of intense labour required can never be really charged justifiably but when you see the appreciation and the faith people get in you by seeing the finished result is all really worth it !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments ,Thank you